Being the last minute that I am, I am surprised that I already have my valentines day dress done like a month ahead of time. That never happens in my world.
I made a partially self-drafted little red dress to wear to dinner tonight
The dress was a bit of a pattern hack. I started with the bodice of a Butterick pattern. Then made some pattern alterations, made the style lines on the bodice style lines curvier, and raised the waist to a curved empire waist. The red lines are my pattern alterations after making the 1st muslin.
Finally getting to cut into this beautiful fabric for my Valentine's Day dress 💗💃. For the record, I have never had a pattern fit out of the envelope in my entire sewing career… So I am shocked and surprised that this one fits so well 😍😍😍 #sewingproject #sewing #reddress #littlereddress #isew #butterick #fashionbehindtheseams
My sewing inspiration was this red dress shown below that I saw on Pinterest. I was planning on doing the following pattern hack, but then I found the Butterick pattern for the bodice.
The fabric I used is this one. I love the fabric. It’s a lightweight twill with a 10% stretch. It nice to work with and presses beautifully.
I really enjoyed working on this project. Tailoring a garment is one of my favorite things to do! Next, I am working on some simple tees for the winter- some basics to add to my wardrobe.
PS- I made another valentines day outfit- a mommy and me. That was very last minute. But gorgeous. I’ll share that this week… but here is a sneaky peaky